Gujarat Skill Development Mission
Gujarat Skill Development Mission (GSDM) is established in February, 2009 for coordinating the State level strategy and programs for skill development leading to employment. GSDM act as an apex body for monitoring, co-ordination and convergence related to Skill Development & Entrepreneurship activities leading to employment in Gujarat.The aim of this mission is to collect information with a complete picture of all the skill development programs in the state, by analyzing the skills, area and beneficiary group of the candidates under various schemes and find out how many of them have got employment.
To streamline the skill development efforts in the state and create an environment in which we can not only provide skill training but also employment to the youth to meet the growing market demand for skilled manpower and equip them for continuous development and learning in a changing enterprise environment in India and the world.
- To work out an integrated strategy for enhancing the employability of youth in the State.
- To undertake survey/research of the existing status of skill gaps
- To make a comprehensive strategy for Skill Development
- To disaggregate the strategy in terms of targets -skill-wise and beneficiary-wise
- To allocate the activities of the strategy formulated among various Departments such as Labour& EmploymentDepartment, Education Department, Urban Development & Urban Housing Department, Commissionerof Cottage Industries, Commissioner, Rural Development etc.
- To monitor the progress of targets given as also to evaluate the performance of various scheme.